Windows 10 My Wacom intuos pro tablet is acting as a mouse rather than a tablet, and doing an awful job of that too

• Thread starter Thread starter SherrieHe
  • Start date Start date
S

SherrieHe

It had been working fine for about a couple of years until now.

• Suddenly the pen pressure was completely gone, as in nothing will come out at all, in my preferred art program Krita.
  • And whenever I hover over, say, a scroll bar it will shift to the left all on its own.
  • If I press down on the scroll bar, it will merely stop the scrolling until I let go.
  • If I just hover over my canvas, it will zoom in all the way.
  • If I press down on any surface that isn't the canvas or scroll bar, it will either act like a right click or, if on a button, it will either not register the click or it will but within a fraction of a second revert immediately back to another button. (In the history, layers, and pen pressure panel, it will always revert back to history)
  • In photoshop, the pen pressure works there, but it is interrupted almost immediately by a brush size and hardness pop-up box making drawing impossible.
  • Using the pen on non-installed programs such as Microsoft edge internet and then immediately switching to my mouse makes the mouse's left click act like a right click until I right click on something; I have to retell my mouse which button is the right click, hilariously.
  • On my desktop if I hover over something with the pen, it drags it around until I tap on empty space multiple times with it.

I tried some online advice from people with similar problems, which was to uninstall the wacom tablet driver and the device driver, restart, reinstall the drivers by looking it up on their site, run the download, restart, and then set up the tablet again. All this accomplished was bringing the pressure settings back in krita.

In the Device Manager panel the tablet is listed under Human Interface Devices, and I know because it says "Wacom Tablet" at the bottom of the list. My computer is an HP Envy x360 laptop, Windows 10 of course.

Continue reading...