Windows 10 My 'Windows Security' isn't working! Shows no options. What can I do to resolve it?

• Thread starter Thread starter AdikrayPatil
  • Start date Start date
A

AdikrayPatil

[EDITED]

Whenever I open 'Windows Security' this is what I get...

There are no options available anymore.

The trey icon for 'Windows Security' has disappeared even though 'Windows Security Notification Icon' in taskbar settings.

My next option was to directly search for 'Virus and Threat Protection' in the search bar which got me here...

After which I clicked on 'Quick Scan' there was no response. I want into scan options, tried all types of scans, NO RESPONSE. Even Offline Scan wouldn't restart after the 'Restart the PC' prompt.

I have scanned my computer for viruses using a 30 day trial of 'Kaspersky Total Security' (as I cannot use my Windows Security anymore) but there are no viruses or threats in my PC.

[My current version is Windows 1903]

My next option was to go check and update the windows. But this is what I got...

So I tried going over 'Advanced Options' to see if that can help me in anyway...but when I clicked on it, it just won't open!

Next, I checked for the error encountered during the update --> i.e (0x80080005) But I have found no working solution on the net yet.

I tried few of the suggestions from the other posts on Microsoft forum as following

1) Update Troubleshooter. It's stuck at 'Checking for pending restart'

2) Going through 'scannow' and 'DISM' commands in cmd step by step. (DISM method froze at 95%)

3) Checking and repairing 'C:' drive during boot-up. But even after the repairs the problem persists.

Talking about any software or system changes...

This problem appeared a few day after I installed the software 'Gameloops' Emulator that is used for playing PUBG Mobile on PC. But this software haven't given me any problems before and I doubt that the cause of problem was this software...but I cannot be sure.

And now I can't even update to Windows 12 Nov update (I have also tried Windows Update Assistant with no apparent results.)

Continue reading...