Windows 10 Need Drivers for Insignia NS-P89W6100 Tablet Following Clean Install of Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter DamonBradley1
  • Start date Start date
D

DamonBradley1

Hello,
I purchased a used Insignia 8.9 NS-P89W6100 tablet (32GB, Windows 10 32bit, 2GB RAM, 1920 x 1200 Resolution 8.9" screen). After verifying the devices worked, I did a factory reset to start clean. After the reset many of the devices have stopped working (e.g. touchscreen, built in speaker, mic, cameras, battery management - or whatever displays the battery level on the screen). Note, it is not that the driver is missing, the devices no longer even show up in device manager to install or update a driver.

Browsing the internet, this seems to be a common issue with cheaper tablets from this time period when they pass a certain windows update.

The manufacturer states that the drivers supplied with the tablet were all native to Microsoft/Windows (no custom or manufacturer provided drivers). They also have nothing posted on their website and their support says they have no drivers.

I've tried downloading various drivers that others with the same problem, but different models of tablets, tried with no luck.

I found in the MS Community one person suggested a clean install (off a USB drive) followed by all updates was a golden bullet to fix issues. So I tried that. I'll admit it seems to boot faster, but the missing devices are still missing.

I've found postings where others have posted "driver packages", but the attachments have been deleted.

Lastly, I just tried reverting to Win 8.1 to see if those drivers would work, but the installer didn't accept my product license.

I found a post suggesting installing a different chipset driver. The SOC 32bit one. Haven't convinced myself to try it yet...

Can anyone please help me locate the correct drivers for this device (or make this tablet acknowledge the devices), or whichever ones came with a cheap Win 10 32bit tablet in 2015?

Thanks, Damon.

Continue reading...

Back