Windows 10 Need help locating issue making screen go black randomly.

• Thread starter Thread starter Exothermic2
  • Start date Start date
E

Exothermic2

I have been experiencing issues with my laptop's screen becoming gray suddenly every now and then and nothing seems to be responding, in order to make it work again I have to hold the power button or run a script that orders the computer to shutdown, here are some further information that could be useful in dedecting what the problem is. I would be really grateful if you could take a look at this.

It's a Lenovo L390 Yoga running windows 10.

1. I've done a reset of the laptop(first the "keep my files" option, then I even did the "remove everything" option), but didn't help, I've also updated graphic drivers and BIOS.

2. I tried to connect my laptop to my TV to see if the same would happen to both my laptop screen and TV at the same time. The laptop screen went black, the TV became mostly black with some weird pixelated shapes here and there.

3. I held down the reset button on the bottom of my laptop for more than 10 seconds when the laptop was shut off, also no success.

4. One time the black screen happened when I accidently hit the laptop, although not especially hard.

5. I have tried to move the laptop around, turning screen up and down etc., nothing happened.

6. I have tried to play a 2k 60 fps video on the laptop, nothing happened. (it has become black during times I've done much less demanding things)

7. I have tried to used it in safe mode, the screen turned turned black with some weird lines on it.

8. I made a script that opens a bat file that instructs the laptop to shutdown when I press "z", this seemed to work and shutdown the laptop even while the screen was black, it did not work however when I chose shift+esc as hotkey.

9. I tried to put the laptop completely still with nothing running, just an empty desktop for 2+ hours, nothing bad happened (usually it would've gone black within this time)

10. Sometimes after starting up after a black screen, the screen will flicker for a while, but goes away eventually.

11. I seem to be getting a lot of warnings with the event ID 10016 in the event viewer, and most of them (not all) seem to be around the same time as the black screen happens, but I'm really not sure if this has anything to do with it)

Continue reading...