Windows 10 Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused computer to crash (inconsistently) when attemping to put t

• Thread starter Thread starter OrdinaryW10User
  • Start date Start date
O

OrdinaryW10User

This problem had almost plagued me for a month now, and I still had yet to get a conclusion on my situation. This is my 3rd time writing to answers.microsoft.com, and I really hope this time I can get a conclusion to the problem I am facing. I am very frustrated physiologically as I need to deal with this useless problem that I don't even had expertise to debug while I am working on last few weeks of semester of study.

The situation that I had faced is not able to be reproduced consistently, but the minidump and reliability history told me something had happened. The cold start state of the computer will also indicate what happened. I also know the error happened when the power indicator light on the laptop was kept on long past minutes from when I put it into sleep mode, or even shut down. Restart is not affected. If I keep the laptop on all the time, the problem will not come up.

This device is a laptop, Acer Aspire V3-371-52KL (support page here). This device is currently running Windows 10 Home Single Language 1909 (18363.959), the Wi-Fi card is Intel AC-7265 (came with the laptop). The Wi-Fi driver provided on the manufacturer support page is older than the driver provided by Windows (upon OS installation) so I can't install it. I'm currently on the latest available driver that was provided by Intel from their website

(version 18.33.17.1). FYI, this Wi-Fi card has been discontinued by Intel from 31 Dec 2019.

For your reference how I got here, here are the previous 2 threads that records my situation.

Multi Errors of Hardware Error (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe). Please help.

Multi Errors of Hardware Error (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe)

For minidump and memory dumps, it will be linked here, put into folder by date.

Thank you for those helping and assisting me. I hope that we can work towards a solution, be it changing a Wi-Fi card or other workarounds.

Continue reading...

Back