Windows 10 Need help with a zip file error

• Thread starter Thread starter _Samm_
  • Start date Start date
S

_Samm_

Hello.​

I'm having problems with a zip file. I've been trying to solve this for 3 days now, but couldn't do much.​

A couple days ago i had some pictures i had to put on a usb flash drive, i wanted to store them. The usb drive wasn't empty, it had zip files with pictures from 4 months ago. When i plugged the flash drive in my laptop, everything was fine, the files were intact, but after copying the pictures that i had to upload , one of the zip files was not there anymore. It was not hidden, and i dont remember deleting it, i just couldn't find it...

I downloaded a usb file recovery software, I found the zip file and downloaded it. The problem is that i can not open it. When i click on the file it says "The compressed (zip folder) 'file name' is invalid." I then tried to open the file with WinRar but i get the "Archive is either unknown format or damaged" error... I opened winrar, selected the zip file and clicked on 'repair'. Winrar did repair my file, I was able to open it but... the zip file had something else in there, not my pictures that were supposed to be there.. it has some data that i also have stored on my usb flash months ago...

I still cant open the zip file, I can only open the version that winrar 'repaired'

Before losing it, the zip was 1.9 gb , after Winrar repaired it , it still has 1.9 gb but completely different content, none of my pictures are there..

I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, im not that good at english.​

If you have any idea what happened,or what i can do, or maybe where to find more help, i would be thankful!​

Continue reading...

Back