Windows 10 .NET Framework related errors?

• Thread starter Thread starter Primrose777
  • Start date Start date
P

Primrose777

So yesterday morning my computer crashed, and while rebooting it, it 'scanned and repaired' my C drive. After this happened, I've been getting some error messages relating to the .NET Framwork. Examples: every minute I get an error message named 'SACpl' that says 'The required .NET framework(3.0+) was not found. SmartAudio will now close.' When I try to open the software discord, I get an error message name 'Update.exe - .NET Framework initialization error' and it says 'Please set registry key HKLM\Software\microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location.' I feel like my .net framework is corrupted or something and needs to be reinstalled. I also tried installing another software and it told me I need the .NET Framework 4.5 or higher and the automatic .NET Framework installation it tried to do failed and it told me I had to do it manually. I'm pretty sure I have 3.5 and 4.7 but just in case I didn't, I went to the microsoft website and downloaded the latest version of the .NET Framework and the installer told me I already had that version or higher.

Here is everything I've tried:

I would uninstall the .net framework and reinstall it but it does not exist in 'apps and features' nor my 'programs and features'. So I tried the .net repair tool. I ran the .exe started the 'repair' and it told me changes were complete and that I should try reinstalling the .NET framework or update that was failing. I ran the .NET framework 3.5 installer(and tried later versions) and I was just told that I already had that version or a later version. So because that didn't work I pressed 'next' on the repair tool and 'the tool is unable to resolve the installion issue on your computer' 'the following logs will be sent to Microsoft for further analysis'

C:\windows\windowsupdate.log

C:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet.log

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\NetFxSetupEvents.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_dotNetFx40_Client_setup_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_dotNetFx45_Full_setup_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NDP47-KB3186500-Web_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NDP472-KB4054530-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NDP472-KB4054531-Web_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairTool (1)_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairTool (2)_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairTool_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup_20181222_221223358.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Setup_20181223_184107888.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Setup_20181224_144128184.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Setup_20181224_150120582.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Setup_20181224_151106739.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Setup_20181224_151758523.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 Setup_20181223_184146110.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Setup_20181223_213539987.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Setup_20181224_161839799.html

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKCR_Installer.regdump

C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKLM_Installer.regdump

Lastly, in 'windows features' 'Turn windows features on or off' I made sure my '.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)' was checked and it does have a check mark next to it. Under that is a folder called .NET Framework 4.7 Advanced Services and that has a black box rather than a check mark. I'll post a pic of it because that would probably be easier than explaining it through text.

I'll post a pic of everything described above to avoid any confusion.

Continue reading...

Back