Windows 7 Network folder keeps opening and closing in File Explorer in Win 7

• Thread starter Thread starter Stangpride
  • Start date Start date
S

Stangpride

Good Morning,

I have a very frustrating thing happening whenever I use File Explorer in Win 7. I open File Explorer, and for whatever reason, the Network folder expands and collapses continuously, making it almost impossible to search for a file (it keeps causing the view to go to that folder on the bottom of the list, making me start "searching" over again.) The only way I get this problem to stop (every time) is by waiting for the expanded file to reappear, then click the arrow symbol next to that Network folder, so that it no longer keeps opening and closing while I try to do searches.

I have been looking for fixes on this issue tirelessly. I have no idea what I did that may have started this problem (could have been a slide-of-hand that I did not catch while doing whatever), so I cannot change whatever setting caused the problem. The only fixes I keep finding are for File Explorer crashing (it does not on my pc) and for repairing automatically expanded files to appear when using File Explorer (not the problem - if this happened, I would actually be ok with that, because at least then, the folder is not blinking open and closed constantly, and would be "static" in that expanded state.

I am tired of not being able to find an answer to this particular problem and I cannot seem to find anyone else experiencing the issue. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

V/r,

KB

Continue reading...

Back