Windows 10 network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

• Thread starter Thread starter neilCarter750
  • Start date Start date
N

neilCarter750

My system has been frequently disconnecting from my network for several months. I connect via ethernet cable using the Realtek PCIe GbE adapter built into the motherboard. I've updated the driver both from the motherboard manufacturer as well as directly from Realtek with no noticeable difference. I've used the Network Reset function, which seems to work for a few hours at least, but never permanently. I've used the options to 'Disable this network device' and then 'Enable this network device' in the Network Connections window with basically the same results, it works for a while...

A couple of weeks ago I disabled the ethernet device and installed a USB Wireless adapter (Netgear WNDA3100v2). While this actually worked (I'm not a fan of wireless networking), it had what seemed to be the exact same symptoms, it frequently disconnected from the internet.

Since both the ethernet networking device built into the motherboard and the USB device have the same problem, I've decided that the cause of the problem is not the motherboard and most likely not my network, router, cable-modem, etc, since other devices don't have this problem. It must be a problem with my Windows 10 network stack.

I'd really appreciate suggestions, or a solution, for this problem!

Thanks!

Continue reading...