Windows 10 Network problem with specific device on specific network

• Thread starter Thread starter treevix
  • Start date Start date
T

treevix

Hi there,

I'm having an issue connecting my PC to my home internet. I built the PC a few weeks ago, and am using an MSI b450 carbon pro max wifi - all mobo/network/wifi drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. For the first 2 weeks I was connected to my home network perfectly fine and getting a stable connection, and all of a sudden the connection stopped working mid-upload. Everything indicates that I am connected to the network, but there is no connection to the internet. The network troubleshooter cannot find any issues either. The problem persists on both WIFI and ethernet. Every other device I own (10+ devices) can connect with no issues. The interesting thing is that my PC can connect perfectly fine to my GUEST network from the same router/modem as well as my iphone's hotspot.

For this reason I don't believe it to be an issue with my computer's hardware or adapters, and my router is working fine as all other devices are connected and working. It seems to be an isolated issue with my one device not being able to get internet when connected to a single network. I've tried all the recommended fixes online - flush dns, change dns settings, all the resets in command prompt, network reset, forgetting the network and reconnecting... but nothing fixes it. I've also checked into my modem settings and MAC filtering is turned off.

I have an ethernet hub that provides connection to the ethernet jacks in my house, and interestingly I was able to successfully connect to my home network through the hub, but I was only getting a 10mbs half duplex connection and speeds were a bit slow (3-5mb download, 3-5mb upload on speed tests). When I bypass the hub and go straight into the modem I can see the full 1gbs full duplex speed, but then get no internet connection.

If I could get the hub to give me a faster speed I think that could be a viable solution, and as a last resort I'm open to trying a full reformat, but hopefully someone could help fix my problems before that :)

My hub for reference is a 10base-t ethernet hub channel plus model h635

Continue reading...

Back