Windows 10 Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

• Thread starter Thread starter AlexS420
  • Start date Start date
A

AlexS420

Hello !

I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here:)

Things are as it follows:

I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wi-Fi, to the same network / same router, provided by the ISP.

I am trying to use the Desktop PC, connected to the network via cable, and share some folders / partitions, make them available on the network for the Wi-Fi connected laptops to access.

The problem is that the Desktop is not detected by any of the laptops, not even responds to ping from one of the laptops.

The two laptops I mostly use can somehow see each other on the network and I was able to access some public files, but never the shared, specific folder / partition from any of the laptops.

Desktop PC: Win 10, up to date, except for 20h2;

Laptop1: Win 8.1, all up to date - main reason for the share folder; this one was added to a Homegroup, at can be seen as Media device, in network, by the other laptop;
Laptop2: Win10, all up to date

All part of the same network, set to private.

All TechNet articles read and applied, spoke to the customer support in my country, as well as international, via chat.

Services all up and running, set on automatic, all admin accounts.

Sharing, discovery enabled, password protection disabled.

If you require any other info that might ring a bell, I would be more than glad to provide. My best wishes will go your way, may you find a 3080 in stock, discounted !

Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays !

Continue reading...

Back