Windows 10 New built PC - windows 10 BSOD often, always when I'm trying to install drivers

• Thread starter Thread starter onechu
  • Start date Start date
O

onechu

I've just built a new PC for the first time, It booted, everything lights up, fans all fine (yey). All parts are new, I installed windows 10 via USB boot drive. However whenever I try to install a driver, for example NVIDIA drivers or the AMD chipset I get a BSOD, it also sometimes happen on boot. BSOD does not happen when I'm just browsing the internet. Please help, not sure what else to do.

Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • EVGA Nvidia 3070
  • MSI B550 Gaming edge
  • Gskills 16 (2x8) DDR4 3600 CLL16
  • Cosair 650w 80+ GOLD

I have done:
  • Checked BIOS and windows manager to ensure all devices (especially the ram) is detected and installed
  • Updated motherboard BIOS using USB flash
  • Reinserting the RAM, using only one RAM, swapping RAMs to different slots
  • Windows memory diagnostics, Memtest - no error
  • Reinstalling windows from USB along with formatting / removing partitions and trying different USB devices
  • Installing windows on both SSD M.2 and HDD

DUMP file summary from WhoCrashed

This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x17DCD7)

Bugcheck code: 0x197 (0x1, 0xFFFF9FA800831540, 0xFFFF9FA800C00A80, 0x1)

Error: WIN32K_SECURITY_FAILURE

file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates a security failure was detected in win32k.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFD76B80104000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8042F8E9A68)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5210)

Bugcheck code: 0x13A (0x12, 0xFFFF96BD40200100, 0xFFFF96BD40655000, 0x0)

Error: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Continue reading...