Windows 10 New Laptop - Cannot Activate Windows and Cannot Escape S Mode!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sharon#99
  • Start date Start date
S

Sharon#99

Needing Assistance escaping S Mode Hell!

I bought a NEW Lenovo laptop from a retail store at Xmas. It should have come with Windows 10 Pre-installed but it is still asking to be activated. When I attempt to activate it in the settings section, I just keep getting different error codes. Troubleshooting doesn't help.

So I tried to get out of S Mode so I could at least run the Command Prompt and obtain the installed Win 10 Activation code that way but when I go to the Windows Store, I can never see the Get button on the S Mode page. Nor does the option to switch out of S mode appear in the Activation section in Windows like it should.

I keep going around in circles! I've tried every Troubleshooter possible. Like I said, I can't access the Command Prompt, or the Powershell because S mode doesn't allow that. I don't have the packaging any longer. All updates have been done in both Windows and the Windows Store apps. I have even tried disabling my firewall and Windows Defender. I can't even load any exe programs to assist eg: Belarc.

I am saving a full System Restore/Factory Settings as the final option although I have the feeling that it perhaps won't solve the issue either. I tried the re-settings Windows and keeping all files option but no joy there. I've tried searching the Bios but couldn't see the key there either.

I've tried all I can think of and my old laptop is rapidly nearing it's end of life cycle. Hoping somebody can suggest a fix for either the activation of Windows or getting me out of S mode so I can find the key myself.

Cheers!

Continue reading...

Back