Windows 10 New update crippled my PC. All USB ports are dead after Windows starts up. This is not the first time.

• Thread starter Thread starter radwic
  • Start date Start date
R

radwic

Last night before I turned my PC off I let it update. This morning I started it up and all of my PC ports were dead. All of my peripherals (keyboard, mouse, headphones, microphone) were not usable with the PC. The RGB on the keyboard lights up but the keyboard input is not recognized, nothing happens when I press a key.

I had this happen a month or two ago and the ultimate choice I had to make was to completely wipe my PC and start new. Formatted all drives, didn't save anything, started brand new. I troubleshooted it all night on a Saturday (because it seems that my biggest issues come on Saturday nights when I definitely don't have anything better to do than to sit and turn a computer off and on a thousand times). I updated my BIOS, reset my CMOS battery, booted in safe mode, etc. I tried everything. It seems there aren't a whole lot of people that I have seen with this problem which makes it even more fun and exciting.

As soon as Windows boots the peripherals "deactivate." I say deactivate because like I said the keyboard's RGB lights are on, but it doesn't work. However, I can access the UEFI by using the keyboard, since that is before Windows boots. I can use my mouse and keyboard in UEFI, and even in the Windows safe startup menu thing (where the background is blue and you have the option to choose boot in safe mode, troubleshoot, boot with command prompt, etc.).

I can't even see what update caused this because I can't get into the computer. All I know is that whenever this is resolved I am making every possible change I can to ensure that I never receive another Windows update again.

I just cannot believe I am having to go through this again. I am so frustrated. I just pray that someone has experienced this and found a solution because I do not want to have to format my entire PC again.

Continue reading...

Back