Windows 10 New Win10 Desktop on LAN cable is using all bandwith when going into sleep modus.

• Thread starter Thread starter GertVan den Brande
  • Start date Start date
G

GertVan den Brande

Hi,

I have two new HP desktops installed in my network. One of the pc's is eating all WIFI bandwith when going into sleep modus.

It was difficult to find the reason why my WIFI network was going down from 182 Mbps download to less than 1. After installing colasoft Capsa we have found out it was this one desktop using the bandwith.

Speedtests on mobile devices (laptops, mobile phones) showed the strong decrease in Mbps for download. Upload is not impacted. Also wired devices have no drop in download speed. From the moment you hit the enter button of the pc in sleep modus, the band with problem is solved.

As the problem only occurs during sleep modus of this desktop, it is difficult to find which process or service is causing this problem. Does somebody knows a tool who can monitor the pc in sleep modus to find out what is causing the problem?

I also find it very strange that a wired device in the network, is eating up the bandwith of WIFI devices when it is in sleep modus.

ps: Security scans, etc doesn't indicate that the pc is infected with a virus.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Gert Van den Brande

Continue reading...

Back