Windows 10 Nextbook Flexx 9 Windows 10 stuck at "Just a minute screen"

• Thread starter Thread starter Krazykakes262
  • Start date Start date
K

Krazykakes262

Hi, okay so to start off, I had a hand me down Nextbook Flexx 9. The history is that by accident the previous person had created two accounts, one with microsoft and one that didn't have it. For history of what I have tried, I did a full factory reset multiple times, because it said there were still personal files; I even tried just doing the local reset, but to no avail. I gave up and just set up the Nextbook for my microsoft account. It worked fine, but I wanted to see if I could clear up some old space. It kept saying I could delete the old windows, but I couldn't figure out how, and when I did, it is still on the Nextbook. I got CCleaner, and, being dumb, cleared my Old Prefetch Data, Environment Path, and Wipe Free Space. When I restarted the nextbook, it would only come up to a black screen with my white mouse curser. I then factory reset it several times and now it comes up to the asking for my language and settings for location and such, and then it gets stuck at "just a moment" and then if I restart it manually from pressing the power button, it just goes to a black screen with a white mouse curser. I am using disk cleanup in safe mode to clean up EVERYTHING listed. When I go to device manager, it says that I have 2 UART Controller/controls and that they have a Code 37. It also says that the driver was not loaded because the system is booting in safe mode. My monitor, the Generic Pnp Monitor shows an error symbol but won't tell me what is wrong, because I booted it in safe mode and therefore, it won't tell me what is wrong. When I uninstalled all 3 (2 controllers and monitor) and then click find hardware changes, it just reinstalls them with the same problems. How do I manually fix this? Is there a way to reinstall the driver from you guys on a recovery usb? Or do I only need to reinstall windows 10 with a usb? I do not have a recovery usb, I only have a usb that has the windows 10 installer for reinstalling if you didn't create a recovery usb. I don't want to have to pay over $100 to fix an old nextbook that costs that much for a new one. I tried going to the command prompt and typing the sfc/ (can't remember now, but I did what other people suggested) an it couldn't find any problems. Whenever I tried start up repair, it can't find any problems. I have looked in the users, and it has two users. One is the DEFAULT USER (0) that seems to be screwing up other people's PC's (which the nextbook identifies as) as well as another default user that was created AFTER the original default user. I have read here that after doing a hard reboot, when I get to the "select a region" page, I should press CTRL + Shift + F3 to get to the audit page, but I have no idea if that shortcut even WORKS for the Nextbook flexx. I have spent many hours trying to solve this on my own and it has just been a major headache that has evolved into a technological migraine. I could really use some answers! I don't want to have to keep hard resetting my nextbook while I keep trying failed solutions.

Here is some of the research I have done, can't remember exactly what techie forums I got it from but these aren't my words; I just copied some of the answers that they finally got down to after a bunch of scrolling, so I saved some time for yah.

"Sounds like your boot manager may be compromised. You may want to download recovery media from MS website and do a repair of the OS."

"Hello... Did you do a clean install? remove all the previous Partitions on the Drive first (custom install)? your OLD data could be still on the HD boot partition B / the NEW bootable partition/Data needs to be made on it. Remove all the Partitions first, the install media will create New Partitions on it for you. ( it may take a couple of re-boots (custom install) to get them all...)

"Clean Install' means deleting all previous "Partitions" on the HD/SSD ( using the install media )... before install of the OS.

1) Install/Boot from your Windows install media.
2) Type in needed data and complete information screens.
3) "Type of install" screen choose "Custom Install"
4) When HD/SSD/Drive information screen is Displayed click the "Drive options" app below.
5) Highlight a "Partition" and click delete.
6) Repeat till there are NO more "Partitions" visible.
6a) sometimes it takes a few "re-boots" with the install media to get them all.
7) When your drive is "Clean" Start/click the OS "Install" and the Windows "Install button" And the install will start... AND will create the needed "New Partitions" on it.

If this does not work, try un attaching the keyboard then turning it on and then maybe reattaching it."

if THAT doesn't work, try this:
"Solution 4. Use Command Prompt (Admin) to fix stuck login screen

Right-click on the Windows icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
Type net stop wuauserv in the run dialogue and press Enter.
After that, type cd %systemroot% command and press Enter.
The following command you have to type is ren SoftwareDistribution SD.old and Enter afterwards.
Finally, type net start wuauserv and Enter as usually.

Now reboot your PC/laptop and check if the stuck screen has gone."

The default user 01 glitch: (This one has some technical jargon that has made it so I am not exactly sure how they got rid of the problem; I don't want to make things worse than they are.) https://www.tenforums.

https://www.

Continue reading...

Back