Windows 10 No Audio; Nothing in Volume Mixer; Failed to play test tone

• Thread starter Thread starter ap1k
  • Start date Start date
A

ap1k

I have no idea what the problem is.

Everything was fine a couple days ago. I was on discord and all of a sudden my audio was playing through discord so everyone was able to hear. My mic stopped working. So I restarted my computer forgetting that there was an update loaded. The update loaded to 30% then I got a black screen and then I was able to normally use my computer. Then all of a sudden, no volume. No applications show up in the volume mixer for any of my devices, even system sounds. I updated the drivers, disabled, uninstalled and reinstalled, and still nothing. I uninstalled the update making me go back to windows 10 1903. Nothing changed still same issue. Decided to completely update to 1909. Still nothing.

Did sfc /scannow and dism and still nothing. Sfc scan would say corrupt files were found and successfully restored. Dism would say no component store corruption detected. Still no audio fix.

Reverted back to an older update. Still same issue. Searched up every viable option and no positive result. Anyone know what to do, or someone I could contact to help because there is no audio coming from any of my playback devices.

Thank you,

Aj

Continue reading...

Back