Windows 7 'No connections are available' even though there are available wifi connections.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nocturne_96
  • Start date Start date
N

Nocturne_96

When I started up my PC a couple of weeks ago, rather than automatically connecting to the wifi it told me that there were no connections available, even though there definitely were available connections as I could connect on my laptop and phone.

Looking online I found several people who had had similar problems but the only solution I found that worked was a temporary one, whereby I would uninstall and delete the driver software for my 802.11n Wireless LAN Card, then do a system restore to just before a 'critical' windows update that was automatically installed when I shut down my PC the previous night.

This would solve my problem and allow me to connect to the wifi for 2 sessions on the computer, then the update would again install itself and I would be unable to detect an available connection again and have to repeat this process.

This was an annoyance but it was the only solution I could find online that worked for me, so I put up with it, but now my Norton Internet Security is playing up and I can't deal with both simultaneously since the system restores undo the fix for Norton, so I need to properly fix this.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

(I'm using windows 7 btw).

Continue reading...

Back