Windows 10 No device drivers were found" when installing Windows 10 using a USB

• Thread starter Thread starter quantumquant
  • Start date Start date
Q

quantumquant

This is a similar question to others, however, my particular situation is a little different.

I built my own PC and have been using linux as my only OS since I built it last year. Recently I got a new second SSD that I want to install windows onto so that I can play some steam games that simply don't work in linux.

My computer has pretty new components and so there aren't any USB 2.0 ports on the rear IO nor on the case's front IO; Only USB 3.0 Gen 1 and 2 are available to be used. On many forums and guides to solve this problem this is usually what is meant by "switching USB ports midway through the installation process". I have tried all 8 USB ports on my MOBO and Case anyway to no avail.

I have attempted to install the drivers from Intel here ---> Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Upon downloading and unziping the f6flpy-x64.zip file in a seprate thumb drive from where the windows .ISO file is located, I got to the error screen again and navigated to the file located in the thumb drive. When I selected it after receiving the error during the installation process, non of the drivers were found.

Additionally, even if they had come up I don't understand which option I would need to select so if this is the course of action I need to take I would also request to know what specific options need to be selected for the proper installation of the windows OS.

I have also formatted the new SSD following this guide ---> Fix- No device drivers were Found Windows installation problems

The reason I am asking this as a new question requires understanding my PC specs

So, here we go

cpu - amd 3800x (this is a x64 processor)

gpu - Gigabyte 5600 xt

Mobo - Asus x570 - F Gaming (non-wifi)

SSD_1 - XPG sx8200 pro M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 SSD ** This has linux installed on it, this SSD is not supposed to be touched and I want to leave it alone

SSD_2 - SK hynix Gold P31 SSD PCIe NVMe M.2 ** This is the SSD that I reformatted as stated above, this is the drive that I want Windows 10 to install to

HDD - 2TB Western Digital Blue Drive, (This is a Data Backup Drive)

The complicated part comes into play since I have multiple drives and I am trying to have a seperate OS operate on each of the drives. Additionally, many of the tools (ie: Rufus) is not available on Linux Machines.

For Linux, we don't really need to use Rufus or anything since I can just format drives easily.

I don't really understand what drivers the installation process needs. I don't know if the particular SSD I am using changes the drivers I need and I don't understand what specific driver from the selection of available drivers I will need to run based off of my specs. Some clarification on these things would be incredibly helpful.

Also, do I need to install anything in the installation media other than the ISO file? Maybe when I create the bootable USB I need to do something a little differently and that is why the drivers aren't being recognized? Again, if the solution is to goto that Intel site for the drivers, how do I know what specific option (after the drivers are seen by the installation media) do I need to select based off the specs I gave?

Thank you so much for your help

Continue reading...

Back