Windows 10 'No Internet', I am able to access the internet through both my browsers (Edge and Opera), but I am unable to use the internet for my apps and windows

• Thread starter Thread starter TrustGrace
  • Start date Start date
T

TrustGrace

G'day,

I am having an extremely bizarre experience with connecting to my network (internet). Windows 10 is saying 'No Internet', but I am able to browse the web with either of my browsers (edge and opera), but I am unable to use apps such as Spotify and Windows Update as both say that I am not connected to the internet. My network adapter is working fine as I am sending and receiving bytes, which I assume is why I am able to continue browsing the web, but I am totally confused as to why Windows 10 is saying that there is 'No Internet'.

I tried a few different things to fix this:

1) turning my modem/router off and back on again (did not fix)

2) by trying the network troubleshoot which said that a possible solution was 'Networking Reset' which I did (did not fix the problem)

3) by performing the Network Reset myself (did not fix the problem)

4) by disabling and then re-enabling the network adapter that I am using (did not fix the problem/though I will expand further on this)

5) by doing a 'Run network commands', where I followed the command prompts listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741 (did not fix the problem)

6) by deleting the network adapter that I am using and then restarting (did not fix the problem)

Now expanding on point 4; I was able to find a semi-fix to the issue (though not desirable as it doesn't always work) by restarting my computer, going to 'network & internet', going to 'change connection properties', changing from 'private' to 'public' (or vice versa), then returning to 'network & internet', going to 'Change adapter options', then disabling and then re-enabling the adapter.

As said though, this 'semi-fix' is not desirable as it didn't work every time and only 'fixes' the issue for as long as my computer is on. Upon shutting down or restarting the I return to the main problem from the beginning.

This problem first started yesterday, but has continued on today and I am totally confused as to how to fix this. It seems totally bizarre that I am able to browse the internet (I am typing this on the PC in question), but not be able to access apps on my desktop (with internet) and do things such as windows updates.

Pics attached (you can see me typing this with apparently 'No Internet')

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

Continue reading...

Back