Windows 10 No microphone input to Windows Speech Recognition?

• Thread starter Thread starter KimChristensen1
  • Start date Start date
K

KimChristensen1

I’m using Voice Attack and because of that I need to use the Windows Speech Recognition machine.

I’ve used it for several years with only one problem along the way – the same as I’m experience now – no microphone gets through to the speech recognition app. Last time that happened I gave up and performed a complete reinstall of Windows which I do NOT want to do again!

My system information:

Time of this report: 6/19/2020, 16:46:20
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7917

BIOS: V1.13 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32716MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Headset used: Headset Earphone (Razer Kraken 7.1 V2)

Problem:

Every piece of sound software except from Speech Recognition works perfect with my headset microphone e.g. Discord, Audacity etc.

I have no exclamation marks in Device Manager. Troubleshooter keeps saying I may need to setup my microphone but with no input it’s not possible to get through the “Peter dictates…” phrase.
When I tried to verify the sound from my headset microphone in Audicity I discovered during the playback of the recorded sound that the Speech Recognition suddenly was responsive to that sound, that is, the output to the headset speakers!? Btw: The sound was crystal clear.
It’s as the routing of the sound is completely wrong now and I cannot find any places where I can manually setup a route.

One day it was working just fine but when I wanted to use it the following day it didn’t work anymore.

The only thing I did before I started Voice Attack was to update some drivers for my HTC Vive headset.

I have tried other microphones but none of them will work.

No applications are allowed to take exclusive control of the microphone. Under Microphone Settings 3 desktop apps are listed as make-use of the microphone right now: Speech Recognition, Windows host process(Rundll?), and Razer Synapse. SFC and DISM executes successfully.

I would very much like to get this problem fixed.

Best Regards Kim Christensen.

Continue reading...