Windows 10 No Sound coming from my PC at all

• Thread starter Thread starter ChristopherWilson7
  • Start date Start date
C

ChristopherWilson7

I don't have any speakers on my neither one of my monitors so I use a headset everytime I use my computer, and this issue started happening about 3-4 months ago. One day I turned my computer on, plugged my headset in, and no sound was coming from my computer. I hover over the volume icon in the bottom left hand corner, and it says "LG IPS FULLHD: 100%" so obviously my computer is trying to push the sound to my monitor (even though my monitor doesn't have any speakers). So I right clicked the volume icon, clicked Sounds, went to Playback, and saw that the Realtek playback device (the one where if it's set to default then the sound will come through my headset) isn't there at all! So I went to Device Manager, looked under "Sound, video and game controllers" and only 2 things came up, "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" and "NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)" which is my GPU's sound card or whatever and absolutely nothing about Realtek came up! so I figured maybe Realtek HD audio drivers got uninstalled somehow, so I reinstalled the drivers from both my motherboard's manufacturer's website (Gigabyte) and the official Realtek website one by one and when I restarted after installations, I went back to device manager, and Realtek still didn't show up under "Sound, video and game controllers"! then I looked under "System devices" in device manager and saw two "High Definition Audio Controller" devices, one seemed fine, but the other had a yellow yield icon on it, so I right clicked it, clicked properties, and it says:

"Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A348&SUBSYS_A1821458&REV_10\3&11583659&0&FB had a problem starting.

Driver Name: hdaudbus.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: HDAudBus
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0xA

Problem Status: 0xC0000001"

So I gave up, and I called COX (I pay for them to help me with my computer issues whenever I need) and they said that my sound card seems to have failed and I need to buy a new one. So I was waiting to get a new sound card, then one day I turned my computer on and sound was completely working again! then a few months later (today) the same exact issue happened again and I don't know what to do. Please help.

Edit: Yes I did try sfc /scannow, and this showed up:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

My Specs:

Windows 10 Home x64 bit (version 10.0.17134 Build 17134)

CPU: Intel Core i5 8500

Motherboard: Gigabyte H370M DS3H-CF

RAM: 8GB DDR4

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Continue reading...

Back