Windows 10 'Not connected - No connections are available', I am unable to connect to any network on my laptop because they do not show up.

• Thread starter Thread starter AbandonedWV
  • Start date Start date
A

AbandonedWV

Hello everyone, I am having a very frustrating issue with my MEDION Erazer laptop. Whenever I try to connect to my wireless network, I am unable to because it does not show up. The WiFi symbol at the bottom right corner of my screen is replaced with a computer symbol, a cable next to it and a red cross.

I am assuming the cable is supposed to represent an Ethernet cable, but I do not connect my laptop using wired connection, I only use wireless connection. I heard that you may need to do something with the Ethernet Controller driver, but I am unable to see it in Device Manager as I cannot see an 'Other devices' tab. Anyway, when I hover over WiFi symbol, it says 'Not connected - No connections are available' and when I click on the symbol, none of my networks show up.

Furthermore, when I open up Device Manager and check my Network Adapters, they all have a yellow exclamation mark on them (my main network adapters are 'Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265' and 'Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller') and when I check the 'Device status' of the adapters, they all say 'Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)', I heard that this could be a problem related to some kind of VPN service, but I do not have any VPN's installed on my computer, as well as any Virtualisation software, such as VirtualBox.

The things I have tried:

• Using the 'Network reset' option. (Did not do anything)
  • Re-installing all the MEDION Drivers, including the WiFi drivers etc. (Did not do anything)
  • Using the 'Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter'. (It gave me an error while using the troubleshooter saying 'An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.')
  • I've tried uninstalling the drivers through Device Manager and resetting my laptop afterwards. (Did not do anything)

I definitely know that this is not a problem with my router, because the networks are working fine on every other device, except my laptop.

If there is anything else that I could possibly do to fix my network, then please let me know, that would be much appreciated!

Continue reading...