Windows 10 Nvidia not compatible with this version of Windows Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Fei-Yen
  • Start date Start date
F

Fei-Yen

Good evening, i just recently started experiencing this issue last week. I have an evga RTX 2080 ti XC since late January 2020. It was working fine until last Thursday (02 July). I woke the computer from sleep and the monitors would not receive signal. I restarted and still no display. Additionally, on the restart the computer would turn on for about 2 seconds. Turn itself off, then turn on again. I moved the monitor cables to the motherboard graphics and was able to get display.

In windows, I saw that the gpu was not recognized in Device Manager, nor could it be found when “show hidden devices” was clicked. I attempted to install new drivers manually and received the “not compatible with this version of windows” error. I did a windows update and everything seemed to work okay as the gpu was now recognized, a driver could be installed, and the gpu was producing signal to the monitors.

Today (07 Jul) I experienced the same issue. No signal to the monitors. So I repeated my steps from the previous week. However, this time with no success.

Here’s the steps I took:

- made sure windows was updated (running 1909)

- updated asus bios to most recent version

- used DDU to fully uninstall nvidia drivers

- attempted to install new drivers (same error)

- did a full reinstall of windows 10

- checked all cable connections

I got nowhere in solving this. Windows is still not recognizing the card. I am at a loss at this point with my only two diagnosis left is check the psu or declare the card bad. I was wondering if anyone had any further suggestions. Thank you for all your help!

Continue reading...

Back