Windows 10 NVME BSOD

• Thread starter Thread starter MarkJeffs0
  • Start date Start date
M

MarkJeffs0

Hi There,

I have been having an issue with my NVME SSD since installed it about 3 weeks ago.

Everything runs perfectly well, until i play any game. between 5 minutes and half an hour of any game being played my computer crashes. this did not happen before i installed this nvme ssd on my pc.

I have tried everything. Here is a list:

• remove all sata connections
  • switch GPU PCI-E lanes
  • bought new ram (was upgrading my ram anyway)
  • ran diagnostic tools (Samsung magician for my 970 evo plus)
  • updated all drivers
  • chkdsk (this made my computer bluescreen while it was completing, but it did complete and found nothing lol)
  • monitoring cpu and gpu temps:
    • have a z63 so I get the temps at crash time, the highest for these are cpu 35 gpu 60 but more the time it runs at cpu 25 gpu 55 which should not cause crashes.
  • Firmware updates for evo and mobo

My guess, it it could be something wrong with the EVO 970, but running diagnostics from Samsung magician which can be quite in-depth shows nothing. this plus the fact it is brand new and the errors im getting like watchdog timeout and a few others I cant remember off the top of my head are all memory related.

I believe this is a problem maybe to do with how my mobo is ingesting data to the cpu/ram from the evo but I have no way of knowing for sure. My mobo is 4 channel though so I don't know why it would be corrupting data this way. My main guess at this point, is that it could be sharing lanes with the GPU at some stage, because gaming and rarely watching netflix is when this occours, it could be sharing the PCIE lane with the M.2 slot, but as i said before, i tried a separate pcie slot on the mobo and i still got the same error.

I am all out of ideas. I would really appreciate if someone, anyone had any suggestions for things I have not tried

Here are my computer specs:

CPU: 6800k i7 hex core LGA 2011-3 (not overclocked, will be moving to amd as soon as a 5000 becomes available)

Mobo: Fatality gaming x99 i7 (ASRock > Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7)

RAM: 32gb Corsair vengeance at 3600 mhz

GPU 1080 (upgrading to 3070 soon)

2x SSD

2x HDD

1x Evo970 Nvme M.2 SSD

Let me know if you need any more info <3

Continue reading...