Online alert from Windows. with small black window..7/4/19 Bogus Microsoft agent?

• Thread starter Thread starter sandra LInd
  • Start date Start date
S

sandra LInd

Was the victim of a potential hacking which turned out fine so far..but the screen of my computer instantly changed to an Warning alert, with a page behind it that said. Windows with logo...in front was a black small window stating the severe importance of calling the number listed...my computer actually stopped working and I could not get off the page no matter what I tried....I was afraid to shut the computer down because I had just gotten it back from Best Buy for repairs...its a very long story but I was scammed.....and beware this alert is very convincing...what happened afterward is too long to mention.....will try to break it down...was on the phone with the so called Microsoft tech who had a very slight Indian accent , he was terrifically knowledgeable and convincing....so I thought it was Microsoft ...he had gone through almost the whole day being on the phone with me trying to fix the computer....I had gone through this before years ago with Microsoft but now things are far different.... Fake Microsoft man had access to my computer...and even downloaded malware from Microsoft into my computer...so you would think this is legit right? Red flags came up in my head because I was so very upset due to the fact he had told me my personal information had been compromised which meant everything I had..from cell phone which he told me not to use until he told me to..another red flag......and talking to a bank rep that he connected me to due to the fact I couldn't use my phone as he told me and my computer was frozen... at this point of time I was going numb from anxiety.....he wanted me to go to these stores in the area to see if I can get gift cards to put the remainder of my AFFECTED credit cards balance on because the transaction that was supposedly made on it which I didn't make on July 4th was for a whopping 2000 bucks...and I never make transactions this high on my credit cards. when he connected to my bank..or wherever it was....(I was trusting him cause of the professionalism and his knowledge) the woman I spoke to at my bank was a bit nerved up and seemed to insist that the transaction I made the previously day on my card was in the process of going through and she was insisting I made this transaction saying that my bank had called me to alert me of this transaction and emailed me also.....there were no such emails or text messages or phone calls...I keep very close eye on my accounts.....after a while of what seemed to be a FAKE bank person I was speaking to who may have been in cohoots with this fake Microsoft guy.....I was out looking for these stores for these cards that had to be specific cards...another red flag....well...these stores were not your regular stores , one was Food Max and the other a stop and shop..both of which had no cards of what Fake Microsoft man wanted me to get.....which I guess was lucky for me....as stupid as I felt after I calmed down after I got home and told him that when I was on my way.....the phone call terminated unexpectedly as I had the cellphone on my front seat opened up....he disappeared off the map after that....I called my bank, and recalled Microsoft on the same number that this Fake Microsoft guy called me on...it was the only number I had for them....I did get aother Microsoft guy who then I was very leary of cause he didn't sound at all professional or up to steam on things....he asked for information and I didn't say a word this time......so far....my personal information is ok....been checking frequently and callng my bank personally....also...cancelled my old credit cards..and got new accounts, changed passwon rds and will be extra careful with online sites.....I don't know if this Microsoft guy was legit....but him not calling back and confirming my computer was ok...seemed strange after almost 3 hours of this going on.....the online alert is very scarey and real and the clincher was my computer actually shut down...so was this a legit Microsoft guy helping me oout or was it a scam???? that's my big question.

Continue reading...

Back