Windows 10 Other users are not shown on switch user

• Thread starter Thread starter roshanamin
  • Start date Start date
R

roshanamin

I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2(OS Build 19042.985) "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain unresolved since years. Really need to get a solution for this without having have to resort to heavy measures like Windows reset, reinstall etc which if asked to be done would not be posting here as that is the mother of all solutions without any need of tech for many as to how to actually do that process. My problem is as follows :

Unable to switch user - Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762

I am at my wits end having tried all possible resolutions as listed in Microsoft forums. On my model listed above, I faintly recall something happened while starting up (if I am not wrong) and I had to create a hotmail login in the log on process (don't remember well) and after that I was unable to see my local profile. I tried everything but am still not able to see my earlier local user profile and am working using a new local profile but want to access my original local profile without having to reinstall windows or any other heavy duty overwrite measures. I have all sorts of screenshots readily available and can post as demanded instead of directly dumping and creating a mess in here. I am also open to granting Remote Troubleshooting access permission (it's really worn me out badly now since Aug 2020). As instructions are provided, I can start advising what all I have done already but do not mind repeating everything as being asked to do verbatim. Please help.

I have done SFC, restore health, deactivate, reactivate user, net localgroup /add users,
secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose etc. I have not tried enabling or disabling fastuser switch in registry. Also want to avoid registry changes unless critically necessary to resolve this issue. PLEASE HELP!

Continue reading...

Back