Windows 10 Outlook 2019 and Windows are having numerous issues that I cannot find fixes for

• Thread starter Thread starter LHnTX
  • Start date Start date
L

LHnTX

All of this started approximately one week ago.

1. Outlook will no longer remember any of my passwords. I have a private email domain, comcast email, 3 gmail accounts and apple accounts. I've turned off 2 factor auth in gmail but still get asked for every gmail account that has to be confirmed on my phone or a password physically typed in (which is not fun when copy/paste is not an option and I have long random passwords). I've deleted every account and re-added them in Outlook. I've edited each account to makes sure the account password is there via CTL+SHIFT+S, but when I go back later, some of the passwords are gone. I've reinstalled Outlook. I reinstalled Office for windows. I've run PST repair so many times that I can't remember. I've run repair on Outlook. I've turned off all add-ons. Nothing fixes this.

2. right click on inbox / properties / show number total number of items is checked on every email account, but no longer works on any of the gmail accounts.

3. Outlook will be working fine, then suddenly for no reason is completely locked out and does not display "not responding" across the top display bar. The only thing that I can do is CTL+ALT+DEL and physically end outlook process

4. Outlook will be minimized on the task bar, but cannot be maximized. The only option is to CTL+ALT+DEL and kill it.

5. iCloud for Outlook will be working fine, then for no apparent reason will have 'wrong password" so I have to unconnect iCloud and reconnect. This makes my calendar sync with IOS very unreliable.

Possibly related issues that I cannot fix either is that Windows and Edge and Chrome have also been having issues remembering my passwords. I have to physically logon to Windows and will get a notification that my account needs to be fixed, so I click that and get asked for my reboot logon ID code, and then Windows accounts seems to be fine. This has happened multiple times. I have deleted all credentials. I have created new user account for Outlook.

I'm at my wits end on this.

Windows 10, Outlook 2019 and all software is up to date.

I user VIPRE viruscan and Malware Bytes Pro.

Continue reading...

Back