Windows 10 'Page fault in nonpaged area' and freezing on start-up screen

• Thread starter Thread starter Apatheticism
  • Start date Start date
A

Apatheticism

Goodmorning.

I've spent the past few months occassionally browsing forums, questions and discussion, videos, etc, but this problem still persists.

A while back, maybe a little under a year or so, the PC I built started to hit a snag and began freezing on the start-up screen occassionally. Not every time mind you, maybe a 1/3 chance. Annoying for sure, but I couldn't figure out what caused it, and after many hours of searching online, there didnt appear to be anyone with the same issue. To be specific, the freeze occurs within the first moments of windows being on the screen where one could press the space bar or use the mouse to swipe up and enter a pin.

So that was, and still is an annoying problem, but not extremely detrimental. What is however, is my PC now randomly bluescreening with 'Page Fault in non-paged area', I've also gotten BSOD errors, so I'm not sure if it's one in the same. With this, ocassionally when restarting, I get the message "It looks like Windows didnt load correctly".

I brought it in for repair when I gave up, they said that they didn't actually experience any crashes or freezes and said that it's a common problem usually caused by a faulty usb dock or corrupted item. They ran diagnostics on all the hardware but said they came back perfectly fine. They just told me to check all my usb stuff. So I did that, no luck. Tried just doing a mouse and keyboard, tried different slots, nope.

At this point I've tried running different scans and integrity checks as recommended for other questions on here, but it has never turned up any problems. I read that Malwarebytes was causing a similar problem with a new version of windows 10, so just in case, I uninstalled it. Oddly enough, there was an error uninstalling it but I can't find it on the device anymore so I'm assuming it's gone. At bare mininum its not appearing on my task manager or storage.

I would really appreciate any help with this. I've spent so many hours researching at this point, gave up multiple times, and these problems have been extremely frustrating as someone who's education and job is solely done through this computer.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back