Windows 10 PAGEFAULT blue screen during installation of windows on a new ssd drive

• Thread starter Thread starter MaximeBinot
  • Start date Start date
M

MaximeBinot

Hello,

I bought a new ssd drive for my PC and I wanted to install windows on it and remove it from my old one. I created a bootable usb drive with the tool provided by windows (media creation tool) and started the installation. The Boot order in the bios is right (I have my USB drive before my ssd). The installation of windows seems to work, I go through the steps of choosing my contry language... I choose the custom installation, delete all the partitions of my disk ( I already have unplugged all my other disks ) and select the empty one to install windows. The installation start and complete then my computer restart a few times. After that I arrive at the step where you have to enter your windows account and password and that's where the crash happens. When I am entering the mail address or the password depending on how fast I go the system crashes and I have the famous blue screen telling me an error occured and this error is "PAGEFAULT IN NON PAGED AREA". After that the computer restart but never go further than the loading dots and after a few restarts it enter the repair tool.

I don't know what the problem is, I only have my mouse and keyboard connected and they are working so I don't think it's a driver error or something. I tried to install linux to see if the problem came from the disk or windows installation and linux installed without any problems. I retried a windows installation after that but I still have the same error.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Continue reading...

Back