Windows 10 PC freezes randomly whenever I stream videos

• Thread starter Thread starter Epinephrine123
  • Start date Start date
E

Epinephrine123

Since the beginning of September my computer has been randomly freezing when I'm streaming videos online such as youtube, netflix, or twitch. It doesn't matter where I'm streaming, it'll either happen in a few minutes or within a hour or two. It's gotten so bad, if I a video or GIF is playing on twitter it'll trigger whatever the issue is. The videos stutter for a bit and then stop playing and the sound stops. I can still move my mouse around but anything I click on doesn't respond. The only option I have is to hold the power button down to force a shut down.

My PC is only three months old and it's the first computer I've ever built. Up till now it's ran flawlessly and really fast. My wife is giving me a lot of side eye cause she wanted to buy another mac like we always do but this time I was able to convince her to try building our own.

Funny thing, we can play any game or stream music for extended periods of time with ZERO issues.

Things I've tried:

Uninstalled and reinstalled latest GPU drivers

Rolled back GPU to previous drivers

Ran a Malwarebytes scan and found nothing

Switched browsers

Checked all my cables and PSU

My ram is installed correctly and pressed all the way down

Thermals are good

I've messed with the browser options

No hardware changes since it was built

Posted on reddit and got zero help

Screamed at it

Bashed my head into the desk cause I can't believe I've spent more time trying to fix it than enjoying it

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 3 3300x

GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 Super

Mobo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3600mhz

Storage: Crucial P1 500GB M.2 and Barracuda 2TB 3.5 7200 RPM

Continue reading...

Back