Windows 10 PC games crashing when booted in Fullscreen

• Thread starter Thread starter CalebLoxley
  • Start date Start date
C

CalebLoxley

Hi,
So basically I'm quite new to PC gaming (Finished building my own PC last month) and its been going really well until sometime last week. I noticed that my Star Wars Battlefront 2 wasn't booting up that smoothly. I was booting it up and it would go into full screen then mess up the display a bit and then minimizes itself. I'd then wait a bit and try to open it and it'd do the same thing again. It was about the 4/5th try that it would actually open. However if I wanted to tab out I'd have to do all of that again.
I just thought it was Battlefront that was bugged however last night I went to play Assassins Creed Valhalla and near enough the same thing happened and when it was up and playable I couldn't use my second monitor. And the weirdest thing is that its only those two games, when I boot Rainbow 6 siege or Sea of Thieves everything is completely fine and normal.
Me and my mate found that the problem must be when I boot them from full screen (Rainbow six siege and Sea of Thieves are still being booted from full screen) and the problem then is battlefront 2 doesn't actually allow me to fully tab out of the game?
I did a windows update last night and that did seem to fix the issue for a time being. Then I went to play on Battlefront 2 this morning and it was back, I did notice that I had another windows update but didn't make the slightest difference.
I've updated my drivers, updated windows, reinstalled Star Wars Battlefront 2, restarted my PC, booted the games through different launchers and after all that nothing changed.
Any help would be extremely appreciated as I love Battlefront 2 and want to play is asap ahaha
My specs are:

Motherboard - ASUS PRIME B450 Plus
CPU - Ryzen 7 2800X

GPU - ROG STRIX RTX 2060
RAM - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z
PSU - Corsair RM850x

Continue reading...