Windows 10 PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver

• Thread starter Thread starter hil_274
  • Start date Start date
H

hil_274

Hello Guys!

Good day! Hope someone can help me. So today sadly my pc froze unexpectedly and I don't know why. This occurred when I finished printing something. I left my pc on probably 10 minutes and when I came back it just froze. So normally I thought its just a glitch and I forcefully shut it down but after several tries it just re opens the automatic repair. After that I decided to reformat it (BAD CHOICE) but when I installed the fresh windows 10 20h2 updates and the drivers for my PC, it gets weird as when I tried installing the AMD driver v21.3.1 for the video card, it hangs with a black screen. I waited for 30 mins and it doesn't do anything. I tried multiple times of reformatting but until today I can't shake any solutions.

Here are all the debugging procedures I tried so far.

1. reformatted the PC on fresh install using USB Media drive and checked the files using sfc /scannow.[COLOR=rgba(64, 64, 64, 1)] [/COLOR]No issues shown. after that installed the drivers first using APP CENTER on gigabyte and secondly using check for updates. Downloaded the auto scan driver for AMD video card driver and while installing, the screen hangs and became black after the stutter effect while installing it. Forced reset the PC and ran using safe mode with network. tried installing the video card driver but it shows error 192. Tried downloading the amd cleanup utility and re install the video card driver but no avail.

2. reformatted the PC on fresh install using USB Media drive and checked the files using sfc /scannow.[COLOR=rgba(64, 64, 64, 1)] [/COLOR]No issues shown. this time installed all the drivers using check for updates first and then downloaded the drivers for gigabyte. This time instead of downloading it from the APP CENTER, I just copied all the needed drivers that is shown from the APP CENTER and downloaded it on the gigabyte website instead (of course I picked the updated ones. I didn't know what 2004 versions vs the 20h2 updates that I needed for my pc so I just did the same name with the updated version that is shown from the app center and clicked the downloaded versions that has a compatible with 20h2 updates that was listed on the site). After that installed the AMD Video card driver. this time instead of using the auto scan, I downloaded it manually from the AMD website. Sadly when I tried installing it, it was the same result as the first time I tried.

3. reformatted the PC on fresh install using USB Media drive and checked the files using sfc /scannow. No issues shown. Downloaded the drivers and installed it from the gigabyte website first but didn't touch the check for updates. This time I checked the Device manager and I can see the Display adapters Radeon RX 5500 XT is missing. Installed the check for updates. re checked the files using sfc /scannow. No issues shown. Re checked the Device manager and the Display adapters changed to basic display. Tried downloading the AMD driver manually from the site and while installing, the screen hangs again and became black after the stutter effect while installing it.

Note: Also I tried installing it on safe mode for the 3rd try but still no avail. Also it sometimes show that when i tried installing it on safe mode, it says either error 192 or an error code that stated that it's not advisable on installing it on windows or a driver has a conflict (apologies as i forgot the message error). Also i tried installing the amd driver for a lower version but its still the same.

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

PC SPECS:

MOTHERBOARD: B460 AORUS PRO AC

BIOS VERSION: f2

PROCESSOR: intel core i7-10700

VIDEO CARD: ASUS RADEON RX 5500 XT

MEMORY: KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 16GB

WINDOWS VERSION: 20H2

OS BUILD: 19042.631

EDITION: Windows 10 Home

Continue reading...