Windows 10 PC Hiccup/Stutter Issue After Windows Update

• Thread starter Thread starter Swoz-77
  • Start date Start date
S

Swoz-77

Hello

I've been having this issue with my computer for A LONG TIME now and i'm just about at the point where i want to throw my PC out.

Everywhere i've taken it, i've been told "We can't find any issues with it". I've tried some forums before but to little or no real help.

It's a gaming PC with the following:

- Intel Core i5 7500

- Gigabyte B250M-HD3 Motherboard

- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB

- Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2400C16 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Black

- Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler

- Corsair CS450M Modular 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

- Western Digital WD Black 2TB WD2003FZEX

- Western Digital Green PC SSD 120GB

- LG GH24NSD1 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

- ASUS PCE-N15 Wireless N PCIE Adaptor

- Windows 10 - 64bit

I built this PC back in February 2017, it worked perfectly fine, no problems at all... Then in October of that year, Windows released an update, and installed it on my PC, and that's where it all went downhill. The installation of the update went fine, but when i turned my PC on after it, it had this micro stutter/hiccup every few seconds, basically rendering the PC unusable.

Shortly after this, i uninstalled the update and the PC worked fine again, but once again it decided to install the update and the same issue came back. Upon trying to uninstall this update for a second time, something went wrong, resulting in my PC needing a complete wipe, meaning once i got it back, i couldn't uninstall this update, ever since then i've been stuck with this stuttering/hiccup issue.

Now in October 2019, 2 years later, this issue is still going on as everywhere i've taken it, i've been told there's nothing wrong, and that they couldn't find any issues, at this point, i've stopped trying to fix it as i'm spending all this money just to be told "There's nothing wrong with it"

As of recently, i'd turn my PC on and it'll stutter after 20 seconds, i'll restart the PC and it'll usually just stutter straight away. It'll take anywhere between 3-10 restarts before it'll actually work normally for whatever duration i'm using it, whether it be 2 hours or morning to night. I recently had a 4 days trip away, and as of returning on October 1st, my PC just WILL NOT WORK at all, restarting it won't do anything, nothing will help. It'll work fine for 20 seconds, then stutter, or it'll just do it straight away. This PC is basically unusable now, i can't watch videos, listen to audio or play games as this stutter occurs every 2-5 seconds.

The following is what i mainly experience with this stutter/hiccup:

Audio: Whether i'm listening to audio, watching a video or even playing a game, the audio with play fine for about 20 seconds, then it'll have this .5 second stutter, which is painfully noticeable.

Mouse: As the audio stutters, so does the cursor, i'll try and click an icon or whatever, and it'll stutter and skip over. A way i test to see if the PC is doing this, is i'll drag a random icon on my desktop and drag it in circles, seeing it move smoothly, then just skipping over due to the stutter.

Screen: Lastly, as both Audio & Cursor stutter, the screen will too. Whether i'm watching a video or playing a game, it'll stutter along with the previous 2 points. All 3 of these point stutter at the same time, making it incredibly difficult to do anything.

On December 17 2018, i decided to have one last try at fixing it. So i reset my PC while keeping personal files & installing fresh Windows, i thought this may have been able to fix the issue but it didn't. The stuttering still continued and was even more common after that.

I spent $2000 to build this PC, and ONE WINDOWS UPDATE has basically broken it, with almost no one knowing what's wrong with it, or not knowing how to fix it. Back when the issue first came around, i read a forum post of someone having a similar issue, only for it to be locked by a Windows Employee after they had their input, in which they didn't even address the issue or help.

It's infuriating for me considering i spent a lot of money on this PC, and this issue has been ongoing for 2 years now... One update in October 2017, which i didn't even want, and which didn't even install anything useful on my PC, has broken this PC and i haven't been able to fix it since.

I'm not an expert with computers and all that stuff, so i don't know much about hardware, software and apps commands to check performance and all that, so i don't know what the cause of this issue could be. But any help here will be appreciated so i can hopefully get rid of this annoying issue and actually be able to use my PC normally again, if all fails, i'll likely just be getting a new computer and hopefully it will work.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back