Windows 10 PC is extremely slow and shuts down after 20 minutes

• Thread starter Thread starter richodude
  • Start date Start date
R

richodude

I have recently swapped out my GT 730 graphics card for a GTX 780 ti. Retracing my steps, the procedure was as follows, I unplugged all power cables to make room for my GPU. I then air dusted everything. I put in my GPU and plugged all the cables back in (plus the 6 and 8 pin connectors). This GPU also forced me to switch from a CRT do a DVI, which wasn’t a problem (I hope). I turned the power switch on and everything sounded good. The PC booted up, but only in 768p instead of 1080p. There was also only video on my monitor with direct DVI connection (I know it was hooked up because of the auditory queue upon replugging it). There too was a clicking sound maybe once every 30 sexonds coming from my Computer. The PC ran ridiculously slow with inputs being delays as little as a few seconds, to multiple minutes (the mouse moved just fine). After about 20 minutes of fine king around trying to get the display back to normal, the PC acts weirdly. The first time it **** down as if i clicked the shutdown button. The second time, the monitor went to sleep and wouldnt turn back on, and the third time, it went straight to the “repairing and scanning drive” screen. Those 3 times i rebooted my PC, it went straight to that screen. The repairing remained consistent. It would remain at 0% for a bit over an hour, then jump to 11% and i wasn’t around to see it finish. I have looked around the internet and dont seem to find anyone with a very similar problem to me, but I hope someone smarter than me could

please fix it!

SUMMARY

I bought a new GPU

Keep getting scanning and repairing drive screens upon startup

PC runs extremely slow and shuts down after 20 minutes

Continue reading...

Back