Windows 10 PC Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter Halokiller2413
  • Start date Start date
H

Halokiller2413

Hello,

I went to upgrade my PC from my old I3-4470 to an I5-9600K to match my Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT. I bought the ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming (Wi-Fi). Turns out after troubleshooting blue screen issues for three months that the board was defective, ASUS did not provide a refund either. So I bought the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi in place of the old board. Everything seemed to work fine for about the first two three weeks, until I started noticing multiple games crashing. So I continued to attempt to fix it, but started to notice the whea uncorrectable error blue screen. After further research, turns out my CPU was corrupted. My guess is that the old defective motherboard corrupted the CPU as well as the RAM as I had to replace both. So now with an I7-9700K, it's mostly stable. But every now and then I'll get that blue screen and the PC won't boot back up even into the BIOS. The CPU error LED will light up on the motherboard, and the PC will keep resetting itself try and boot. My way of fixing this is taking one RAM stick out, powering on, powering off, putting the RAM stick back in the same slot and it boots. I don't understand how this works at all. Although I noticed that the PC lasts about 5 minutes before crashing again, so I switched my GPU (the only component that was on the defective board that hasn't been replaced) with my old GTX 950. It booted for longer than five minutes and lasted hours. So I put the 5600 back in and it booted fine and lasted for a couple days now with no errors. I'm very very lost now, and I have no idea what more I can do to fix this. If anyone could help, I'd be grateful. I can also confirm that there is no overheating or any cooling issues present.

Current Specs:
Intel I7-9700K
Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB SSD

Thermaltake Smart 700 W

Continue reading...

Back