Windows 10 PC recently started crashing. Completely reset, still crashing.

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan1919
  • Start date Start date
R

Ryan1919

At this point I believe the problem is physical. This started happening a little over a month ago maybe 2. At first when it started crashing I wouldn't even get that "sorry something went wrong" screen it would just freeze for a few seconds and just immediately restart and the strangest thing was instead of loading back to the lock screen it would take me to this "Aptio Setup Utility" screen which I had never been to before this. The crashes were pretty infrequent and they would happen randomly. The frequency of the crashes hasn't really increased at all since it began, multiple days have gone by no crashes, but one day out of no where itll just happen. I thought maybe it happened anytime i may have been running game or streaming and there were a couple times it did crash while doing that but other times where id be playing a game for hours while having a stream or video playing in the background and it was fine.

Yes I have completely reset windows and it has still crashed. I was downloading a game at the time it crashed admittedly but I've downloaded other games over the past week or so and nothing happened then. I'm not completely dismissing the high usage as a key contributor to the problem but it doesn't seem to be the key issue, just something that may or may not cause it to trigger from time to time. Another reason i think it might be physical is while most of the crashes have happened while the laptop just sitting on my desk, there were a couple times it crashed right as I picked the laptop up to move it somewhere.

The crash that happened after the reset still took me to the"Aptio Setup Utility" screen

Continue reading...

Back