Windows 10 Pop up, bubble = Ctrl, Alt, Shift, a legacy that exists since 2009, 12 years has this problem existed, something out of a Kafka novel.

• Thread starter Thread starter LFRd
  • Start date Start date
L

LFRd

Hello, I'm a digital artist like several thousand on the internet.

At some point Microsoft decided the modifiers for tablets needed visual input, for what reason I don't know, but they did.

Back then in 2009 or so the feature was added, but no toggle was created to turn the feature on or off, not directly anyways, at first deactivating some of the pen table feedback general options deactivated the popups, but at some point this popups became so ingrained into the tablet systems of Windows that no deactivation of a system or registry edit could remove them.

12 years passed with several post and threads being created here and there and on other places like the Wacom forums, all asking for a way to get rid of them, alas no permanent solution was added by Windows, some hack solutions for specific programs were discovered, but they only worked for those very specific applications, and should the developers of those applications remove the ability to use those hacks the problem would still remain.

12 years have passed.

Its is now 2021, some threads on this subject still appear... people like me, that are annoyed to no end to having to see those popups several thousand times a day as to color pick while digitally painting you need to constantly click alt, or ctr, or any other modifier.

I wonder if this is something out of a Kafka novel at times... so many years passing, so many people asking for this seemingly small feature, that always fall into deaf ears.

I really wonder of this is the year where a toggle to deactivate it will be implemented.

That would be wonderful....

Have a nice year to any one reading this.

Here's a small list of threads from other users asking for this same toggle, I bet I can find many more if I'm willing to dig :)

How to disable pop up of key being pressed?

** SOLVED ** Control alt shift bubble next to pen cursor

How do I turn off pen feedback in Windows 10? (pop up, bubble = Ctrl, Alt, Shift)

windows 10 ctrl,alt,shift bubble pops up under cursor

windows 10 ctrl,alt,shift bubble pops up under cursor

Continue reading...

Back