Windows 10 Possible software/driver display issue - Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter skennysk
  • Start date Start date
S

skennysk

Hi,

I recently built a computer.

Since installation, I have had problems with display/graphics. To confirm, I have tried a different display source and tried changing the HDMI/DP cables with no success.

My display is showing jaggy/pixelated text and any kind of heading on webpages and/or in games are somewhat fuzzy. I can see an almost grainy type of visual during games and when watching videos.

I have tried a fresh installation of windows, uninstalling, and reinstalling the driver from the manufacturer's website. The best way to describe this is that after a fresh installation of windows, despite installing the correct/most recent NVIDIA driver for my GPU, there is no change in display at all. The interesting part is that I can run games on ultra settings with no issues, again, just noticing a grainy look with the colours and text. To me, it seems like Windows is still running the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter settings despite recognising my NVIDIA RTX 3070 in the Device Manager. Could the two drivers be conflicting? My system believes it is running the correct driver for my GPU but based on my visuals it is a mix of both. I have tried all the most basic troubleshooting methods such as fresh installation of drivers from 'Microsoft Basic Adapter'.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated!

I am running:

AMD Raedon 3900XT

Gigabyte GAMING OC RTX 3070
2 x 16GB Vengence RAM

1 x M.2 SSD 500GB

1 x M.2 SSD 2TB

ASUS ROG STRIX 570-i Motherboard

Windows 10 Pro

Continue reading...

Back