Possible to recover deleted files from USB drive?

nudookj

I accidentally deleted a folder from an USB drive. I heard it is quite easy to recover them as it happened a few hours ago. Installed a well-known app called PhotoRec but it can't scan the deleted folder. Any suggestion?

I know this is a spam attempt. At some point this user will register with another username and post a miraculous way to recover deleted files with some fantastic new software. Problem is that strategy won't work here since new members can't post links until they prove themselves not to be spammers. It is possible I'm wrong and the person actually is looking for help so I'll try to help.

Have you tried the option with Windows Explorer to undo the delete? There is always a history of deleted files with undelete option if the system wasn't restarted after deletion.

Last edited:
It won't be in recycle bin. When deleting off USB or any external drive the files don't go to recycle bin first. Go to file menu and see if the option to undo is active. If it is you can recover the file.

It won't be in recycle bin. When deleting off USB or any external drive the files don't go to recycle bin first. Go to file menu and see if the option to undo is active. If it is you can recover the file.
What do you mean 'file menu'?

I know this is a spam attempt. At some point this user will register with another username and post a miraculous way to recover deleted files with some fantastic new software. Problem is that strategy won't work here since new members can't post links until they prove themselves not to be spammers. It is possible I'm wrong and the person actually is looking for help so I'll try to help.

Have you tried the option with Windows Explorer to undo the delete? There is always a history of deleted files with undelete option if the system wasn't restarted after deletion.
If the file is overwritten, it will be difficult to recover.

Back