Windows 10 Pre-built PC came with pirated version of Windows cracked with malware, how do i perform a fresh install of Windows so i can buy a license.

• Thread starter Thread starter LeonardHo2
  • Start date Start date
L

LeonardHo2

I bought a pre-built PC from a store and i decided to run out of paranoia a virus scan when i turned the PC on for the first time, to my surprise it found a SEVERE threat, it was something relating to KMSpico which i had never heard of in my life. After googling i found that it is a program that allows you to crack windows and other Microsoft apps, and it seems thats how my Windows version has been "activated". I scanned with Windows Defender and removed the threat and i scanned again including a full scan and it appeared again and i removed it again. I ran a quick scan and the quick scan reported no new threats. I downloaded MalwareBytes and i scanned my system with the "Scan for rootkits" option on, and no threats were found. I scanned one more time with a full scan using Windows Defender and it concluded that no threats were found. I am scared and if possible i want to completly remove this app, i know that if i do this my copy of Windows will not work but thats fine, i want to do a complete fresh install of Windows and pay for an actual license, i do not trust this app even if 2 trustworthy antiviruses say that there are no threats in my PC. I know how to perform a brand new Windows install but i want to make sure that if i do so KMSpico will be uninstalled without a trace remaining. Do i do a simple full Windows reinstall or do i have to do something else as well? If i did not mention this already, there are still files from KMSpico left over in my PC, they are on Program files/KMSpico, that folder is 26MB and has a "uninstall" button but i obviously did not click it, along with some other files. I even scanned the folder specifically using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and they didnt find any threats on it. Do i need to manually remove this folder and then perform the fresh Windows install? Can someone help me?

Continue reading...

Back