Windows 10 Printer issues with Windows 10 1909 (os build 1863.900)

• Thread starter Thread starter Rod Styles
  • Start date Start date
R

Rod Styles

Hello,

I have a problem with my Brother DCP-J515W printer scanner.

It won't print!

Using the Brother uninstall package, I uninstalled the printer, drivers etc.
Restarted the pc's.
Installed from the downloaded dcp-j515w-inst-B1-cd1.EXE software, for a wireless setup all loaded OK.
Restarted the pc's.
The printer is shown in the Devices and Printers folder and is set to Default Printer.
I also checked the Livebox router and it is shown as being connected, as are the other pc's.
When I try to print nothing happens, the program used does not show an error of printing.
There is a printer icon in the hidden icon in the taskbar, when I click/double click nothing happens.
In the Devices and Printers folder in the Control Panel, I open the printer window, which shows nothing is waiting to be printed.
I can use the scanner from printer to the pc's ok.
Trying to print from the scan nothing happens.

I can copy a document (both b/w and colour) from the scanner facility on the printer.

Suppot Brother have said it's a problem with the latest OS update from Microsoft.

They sent me a link which is all gobbledegook to me, but I am running the latest update from Windows.

I see that Microsoft have said they know there is a problem with some printers not printing after the update, so mu question is:- HAVE THEY SOLVED IT?

Continue reading...

Back