Windows 10 Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.

• Thread starter Thread starter KyleMickelson
  • Start date Start date
K

KyleMickelson

I am having an issue with a Network Printer. At this time this is only happening for one user on multiple computers. This printer is deployed by GPO.

If the user tries to change the preferences in control panel/device and printers, there is no "printer properties" or "printer preferences" when you right click the printer.

If the user tries to change the Preferences in Settings/Devices/Printers & Scanners, when they click on Manage the following screen pops up.

As you can see with the screen shot, you can't select anything.

But, when you go into word or an application, you can get to the printer preferences, but it doesn't give you all the options. Like for the tray, it gives you internal tray and printer default. This printer has a finishing tray, and by default on the server it is suppose to print to the finishing tray. But when the user prints, it goes to the internal tray.

I have tried to find an answer on the web, with no luck, so now I turn to the Microsoft Community to see if anyone else have seen this.

According to the user this has only been happening for a week.

Continue reading...

Back