Windows 10 Problem with appresolver.dll file (Bad Images and Entry Point Not Found)

• Thread starter Thread starter llwarma
  • Start date Start date
L

llwarma

Hi,

After my computer updated to the newest windows 10 update there's been something weird going on with my computer. I have been getting pop-ups occasionally, first alerting me that there was a "Bad Image Problem" (full description below) and then it started informing me that "Entry Point Not Found" (full description below).

Bad Image Problem Example:

PackagedCWALauncher.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\System32\apppresolver.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for support.

Error status 0xc000012f

Entry Point Not Found Example:

powershell.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point_CxxFrameHandler4 could not be located in the dynamic library

C:\Windows\System32\appresolver.dll.

I've tried countless methods on the web hoping to fix the problem but they all don't work. First, I tried to do it manually, I deleted the old appresolver.dll file with one I found on the web like the youtube video recommended me to do. I saw many people say it worked for them, unfortunately it didn't work for me. Then I tried the sfc on the command prompt admin, the result of that was it scanned it but there were some files that remained corrupt. Furthermore, I've also tried dism on the command prompt admin, but it told me couldn't detect "clean-up" part of it. Finally, I wanted to restore the windows version I was on before the update, however, I couldn't because settings would open, the taskbar icons were unresponsive - none of the short keys were working as well.

Knowing that, I shifted my focus to fixing the unresponsive taskbar so I could open settings. I followed the tutorial of opening the taskbar>find windows explorer>right-click to restart windows explorer. That process didn't work for me, though there was another option which was to open a new file on the taskbar>search powershell. However that didn't work for me either as there was a popup about "powershell.exe - Entry Point Not Found.

Overall the whole situation has been frustrating for me, I would be extremely grateful if someone help me fix it.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back