Windows 10 Problem with switching between different programs and clicking on task bar

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex_93RL
  • Start date Start date
A

Alex_93RL

It is a bit of a hard problem to describe so it probably explains why I haven't had any luck with answers online. My computer was working fine yesterday and I don't believe anything updated. While working my computer randomly started to show this bug. If I went to click on another program (separate from the one I was already working on) it wouldn't let me click on it or anything else, including the task bar. crtl + alt+ delete seemed to reset it and let me click on one of the other program windows. After a minute if I went to switch back it wouldn't let me click on the task bar or other window again. Occasionally, I couldn't even click on things in the program I was using. I also noticed that when left clicking on the desktop it would act as if I had right clicked. When playing one of my games ( league of legends) it made my character follow my cursor without me clicking. All this seemed very odd to me and I first of all tried updating drivers for the mouse and graphics card. I unplugged my mouse and noticed the same issues with the built in touch pad on my laptop. I tried to restore to previous versions with no avail. I tried some trouble shooting for corrupt files in the command prompt with a corrupt file found and fixed but again didn't solve my issue. I also realised when I logged on I would receive an error pop up warning but the box would have no dialog or error code... not very helpful. There doesn't appear to be any viruses or corrupt files. I am assuming there's some compatibility issue I just can't find where. Anyone have any ideas? This is driving me nuts and really effecting my work.

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...