Windows 10 Problems with SSD

• Thread starter Thread starter juan josebaldelomar
  • Start date Start date
J

juan josebaldelomar

Greetings. I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 that is 2 months old, and about a month ago I had a problem. The computer has a SAMSUNG SSD NVMe 256 GB by deafult. About a month ago, I was gaming nothing relatively strong, but the computer had a problem of overheating based solely on how the computer handles the CPU by default when doing demanding tasks. I have already fixed that, but back to that day I hadn't fixed that problem. I was playing and the temperature of the CPU had risen to like 90° C. Out of nowhere the computer shuts down, and next thing I know, Windows wouldn't run. I decided to do a fresh reinstall, but when I tried to reinstall I noticed my computer wouldn't let me reformat the SSD, and in fact there were no file systems on the SSD. There was just purely unallocated memory. Luckily I had installed and HDD for extra space and I did the reinstall there. Now the computer doesn't show the SSD in the file explorer, and when I tried to use the Disks app to format it, it shows up a message that says "incorrect function". I tried to do it using DiskPart on the command prompt and I get the same error and says that I should check the system even log for more information. When I check this I get the following: "VDS fails to write boot code on a disk during clean operation. Error code: 80070001@02070008". I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if the SSD is now useless, and I should change it or if there is a way to save it, but I'm sick of running Windows 10 on an HDD. It is unbearably slow, and my knowledge of Windows got me just as far as I have come, and I haven't found a solution to this day. Than you.

Continue reading...