Windows 10 Problems with: Sync Your Settings because "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization."

• Thread starter Thread starter Nik Hedonia
  • Start date Start date
N

Nik Hedonia

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a new computer and would love to simply transfer all my settings and files via OneDrive to it, but for some reason I am not capable of activating that setting.

First off some system information so you know what we're working with:

Version: Windows 10 (Insider Preview: Build 20175.1000)

Type: Laptop | Lenovo YOGA 730-15IWL

System Manufacturer: Lenovo

System Model: 81JS

System Type: x64-based PC

BIOS Mode: UEFI

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @1.8Ghz, 2001MHz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

RAM: 16GB

(I do not believe the hardware has anything to do with this, yet if you need any other information, please let me know!)

I am signed in with a Microsoft live account (or so I believe, please fill me in if I am wrong here, but this account has Office 365 licenses and I can use it to log into Microsoft's webpage, if that is not what a Microsoft live account is, then please help me) as you can see in the following two pictures:

As you can see, I am getting the error "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" and all the settings are greyed out, meaning I cannot interact with them.

I blurred out my E-Mail address, but as you can see, it is a Gmail and not a G-Suite E-Mail address or anything related to an organization. I was, however, once signed in with an organization G-Suite account, yet now I am signed out and that account was even terminated:

The only account signed into this machine is an @gmail.com mail address, meaning there shouldn't be anything managed by anyone but myself.

The following things I have already tried:

1. I changed my settings from the local group policy editor:

=>Windows + R -> gpedit.msc -> User -> Configuration -> Administrative Templates-> Start Menu and Taskbar -> Notifications -> Turn off toast notifications ==> DISABLE

I edited my registry data collection:

=>Windows + R -> Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Policies -> Microsoft -> WindowsDataCollection

==> AllowTelemetry DWORD Change value to 1

Enabled Telemetry Services:

=> Windows + R -> services.msc -> Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

==> Startup type: Automatic (click "Apply")

(The following things you still can try out, but I could not even try them for the following reasons:)

The following things I wanted to try but couldn't:

1. I could NOT change my diagnostic and usage data within the settings

=> Settings -> Privacy -> Diagnostics and Feedback

==> Find "Diagnostic and usage Data" and change it from Basic to Enhanced or Full.

REASON WHY I COULDN'T DO IT: That setting doesn't exist in my version of Windows (Windows 10 Insider Preview 20175.1000)

2. I could NOT change my registry to delete "Wuserver"

=>Windows + R -> Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Policies -> Microsoft -> WindowsUpdate

==> Delete "Wuserver"

REASON WHY I COULDN'T DO IT: The folder "WindowsUpdate" doesn't exist in my registry and thus couldn't find "Wuserver"

3. I could NOT check my antivirus

REASON WHY I COULDN'T DO IT: I do not have an antivirus installed. Only Windows Defender, but as far as I know that does not mess with Windows Sync Settings (please correct me if I am wrong).

4. I could NOT set the startup type of "dmwappushsvc" to "Automatic"

(I was told that I needed to do this in order to enable Telemetry)

=> Windows + R -> services.msc -> dmwappushsvc

==> Startup type: Automatic (click "Apply")

REASON WHY I COULDN'T DO IT: It does not exist in my services window.

5. I could NOT check scheduled tasks

=> Windows Key + S -> search for "Task Scheduler" -> Open it -> expand Safer-Networking -> Select Spybot Anti-Beacon

==> choose "Delete"

REASON WHY I COULDN'T DO IT: Couldn't find "Safer-Networking."

I hope this question either helped you find a solution for your problem, but I moreover hope that you can help me, as nothing seems to work here! If you have any idea of what I can do and it is nothing that I have tried before etc. then please help me find a solution!

Continue reading...

Back