Windows 10 Profile picture not showing on start menu. Login screen doesn't show it either also doesn't ask for Microsoft account password; Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter ArshanUsmani
  • Start date Start date
A

ArshanUsmani

Not sure whether or not I'm in the right "Windows topics" area

So I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my device as my internal HDD crashed. I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop and took it to them(HP service center) to do the aforementioned. What they did was make a local account with the name"hp". When I got the device, the first thing I did was sign in to my Microsoft account on this device expecting my account to be synced and hoping I'll get the same Desktop and lockscreen background as I had set previously, however this was not the case. Even after logging in I had the same "hp" name on my login screen with the default Windows 10 profile picture. I tried restarting several times but that was of no help. Googled a bit, here and there and came up to the solution to changing my name (Control Panel>User Accounts>User Accounts>Change your account name). But my problem now is, even though I logged in to Microsoft on this device more than 24 hours ago and have restarted it numerous times in the duration, the login screen(lock screen) isn't showing my Microsoft display picture nor is it asking me for my Microsoft account password neither is my lockscreen picture there. The only thing that seems to have synced is my Desktop wallpaper and my Microsoft Edge history, settings and stuff of the lot. I know I can put up a password manually but I need to know how can I get this device of mine just like it used to be before the unfortunate event of my hard disk drive crashing. Any help is appreciated! Thank You in advance :)

Continue reading...

Back