Windows 10 Program Files Folder in Drive D: (And All of Its Sub-Folder and Programs) was Automatically Deleted and the Folder Recreated Themself.

• Thread starter Thread starter LittleSparda
  • Start date Start date
L

LittleSparda

Hello everyone. 2 days ago I turn on my laptop as usual, after it boot into Windows I notice that one of a program that I make a schedule to launch at my log on didn't appear in system tray(this software is ThrottleStop Ver. 8.70.6 that I use to undervolt my laptop CPU). Then I go check the task inside Task Scheduler its said "The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)". After that I try to reach a Program Files folder in Drive D where I place the ThrottleStop inside but the folder is disappear. A few second passed, it recreate itself in front of my eyes. Inside this new Program Files folder contain only one folder which is ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I did checked if they any Windows.old folder in Drive C? But none. Also I did checked my latest quality and other windows update but it is installed more than 10 days back the day that this situation is happening. So I think the automatic deletion and creation of Drive D Program Files folder didn't came from windows update. I did a full, offline scan of Windows Defender as well as Malwarebyte threat scan and Adwcleaner scan. But all of the scan result is no threat detected. So I think this happening is not cause by the virus or malware too. I know that ModifiableWindowsApps folder can be used as a mod installation folder of games from Microsoft Store and one time I did choose Drive D as a primary drive to install an app from Microsoft Store(but now I changed back to Drive C). So I think this is the causes of the deletion and recreation of Program Files folder(but did not happen for Drive C though). I can reinstall all the applications that been deleted with the folder no problem but for some people this can be a problem and a waste of time. So I want to ask Microsoft what is happening here? Is it usual? How can this happen? Or if other peers has any idea on this I would be very appreciate if you guys post the information or having any discussion together. I might be late to reply to any of your comment but I will give a post as soon as I can.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

Continue reading...

Back