Windows 10 Quick Action Tiles Missing in Action Center in Windows 10 Home | Version 1909 | OS Build 18363.959

• Thread starter Thread starter StewartGrainger
  • Start date Start date
S

StewartGrainger

Hello,

I'm retired now (in my 60s) but I've been on my PCs & Laptops over the years...on a daily basis since 1995 (M.C.S.E in 1996).
I have almost 30 in IT Troubleshooting and Repair. So after many days of researching for an answer to my issues of the Quick Action Tiles missing in the Action Center (image below. I figured I'd give the Microsoft Forum a shot.
What bothered me about some answers in the Microsoft Forum is that the alleged "consultants" answering people's questions were that they plagiarized answers from other Techs from other Websites. In other words they just copied and pasted the text from the techs associated with other websites. But I'm going to give the "benefit of the doubt" to the person that hopefully can help me fix my issue.

ISSUE: All Quick Action Tiles Missing In the Action Center

Screen Capture Date & Time: 07/26/2020 | 11:22AM EST (Note: Image's height was reduced to reduce the amount of area the image used)

My Attempts to Fix the issue of missing Quick Action Tiles, in a Logical Order before I decided to post:

I ran an Elevated Command Prompt as Administrator:
Then ran the following SFC and DISM commands.
1.) sfc /scannow (no issues found)

2.) DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (indicated that it was successfully completed)

3.) DISM /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (indicated that it was successfully completed)

4.) Rebooted & logged back in.
5.) Outcome, the Quick Action Tiles in Action Center still missing.

Next, Group Policy Editor (GPE). That's right! You didn't read that wrong. I'm running Windows 10 Home and I have Group Policy Editor at my disposal.
Like I said I have almost 30 years in "Troubleshooting and Repair". From Windows 3.1 up to Windows 7. I skipped Windows 8 and jumped into 10 in 2015 and it's been a freakin nightmare since. Worst Operating System some MS Sh**Heads ever thought of.
So, I loaded Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) and everything was good in GPE.

Next, Checked the Registry. I noticed 2 Registry Keys missing. The "Explorer Key" under the "Windows Key"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
So I made the Key and then made a DWORD string. Set the name to DisableNotificationCenter and set the correct value.

So as you can see I've tried multiple strategies.

I'll be looking forward to any assistance that can be provided.

Best Regards,
Stewart Grainger

Continue reading...